Prom season may have come and gone, but it’s never too early to start thinking about next year. And since the school bell will ring again before you know it, you may want to get a head-start on your homecoming dance plans. Often, these plans may involve a limousine rental. Teens and parents who want to learn a bit more about securing limo services for these special occasions might want to pay attention to these helpful tips.
5 Tips to Remember When You Rent a Limo For Prom or Homecoming
- Get the group settled: During the busiest times of the year, it can be tough to secure the vehicle (or even the company!) you want. That’s why it’s important to book early. Before you can make your reservation, you’ll need to get your group all set. Teens should talk to their friends early and decide on a plan about who will be involved. That way, you can get a good idea of how much it’ll cost and you’ll have your choice of transportation options.
- Ask about amenities and protections: When you rent a limo for prom, for a wedding, or for virtually any occasion, you’ll need to do your research on the company first. That involves looking at reviews and even viewing the vehicles in person prior to signing a contract. You’ll also want to ask the limo company about any amenities that come with the limo that might be of interest to your teen. Remember to keep expectations in check; while there’s a 100-foot limousine in existence that has a swimming pool, jacuzzi, king-sized bed, and helipad, it’s likely that your limo will be a bit more modest (though should still be very exciting). You should also ensure that the company in question is fully licensed and insured so you know your teen will be safe.
- Plan for photo time: When you rent a limo for prom or for the homecoming dance, it’s likely that pre-celebration photos will be part of the evening’s festivities. This tradition is one that’s cherished by both teens and parents alike. But when you book your limo, try to think ahead and keep things simple. Be generous in the amount of time you set aside for photos, but try to keep it to just one location. That way, you don’t have to waste time and can even get the limo in the backdrop of the photos, should you so desire. Keep in mind that when you book, you’ll have only a certain number of hours on the clock. The less time you spend pre-prom, the better.
- Don’t forget the after-party: Remember what we said about booking your limo for only a certain time frame? This is important to keep in mind when deciding what the plan is after the dance is over. Many times, there’ll be an after-party or an event that requires safe transportation. Whether it’s a sleepover or a bonfire, you may want to consider booking the limo for a bit longer into the evening to make certain everyone gets to their last location of the night safe and sound.
- Ask about a prom promise: Many limo rental companies will provide (or even require) a document for teen passengers to sign, sometimes known as a prom promise or pledge. This document shows all teens have agreed not to drink or take drugs on prom night. This provides parents (and limo drivers) with peace of mind and ensures that every kid has an unforgettable and safe time at their school dance. Some limousine companies will make signing a document like this mandatory for their passengers; if a passenger is found to have consumed drugs or alcohol, the limo company has a right to terminate the limo service and contact their parent to pick them up. This can be a good way to encourage healthy decisions on prom night.
Whether you plan to rent a limo for prom or want to arrive to homecoming in style, we’ve got you covered. Contact us today for further information!